Web 2.0 was drastic shift from the originally created web 1.0 and revolutionized how digital information is created, shared, stored, distributed and manipulated. An average user was given the advantage to manipulating and interact with text, imagery, videos etc. This was a groundbreaking step towards the exponential growth of the worldwide web which we know of today.
Multiple users coming together and contributing towards the same content allowed for more meaningful and resourceful information to be developed. Rather than going through the process of purchasing expensive software, users could easily utilize web based application for a faster and more dynamic experience.
With the creation of Web 2.0, new technologies and terms were created as well...
Interactive Advertising - Advertisers create ads that communicate a product or service within a user's daily routine. Advertisements find there way into all areas of a user's social media, daily new's articles, video and audio. 
- ↑ http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/A/Ajax.html
- ↑ http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/X/XML.html
- ↑ http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/R/RSS.html
- ↑ http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/M/mash_up.html
- ↑ http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/T/tagging.html
- ↑ http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/C/CPC.html
- ↑ http://smallbusiness.chron.com/examples-interactive-advertising-10996.html